vsnippets.com is a free service provided by GlovilGames Studios that is located at vsnippets.com and gives programmers and designers an easy way to share code on the internet and help other developers with their work. Whenever you develop something you may often use short parts of code.
Snippets are little parts of code that can easily be reused. Wikipedia has a great description:
"Snippet is a programming term for a small region of re-usable source code, machine code, or text. Ordinarily, these are formally defined operative units to incorporate into larger programming modules."
Anyone can submit snippets, rate and comment them. Even if you are not registered he can post snippets as a "Guest" (Read more about "Guests"). When supporting this plattform by submitting a snippet, you have to enter some informations about your code (Read more about "How to submit a snippet"). If you are a registered user we give you the option to add your own Google AdSense advertisements to your snippets that way you can make money with your snippet (Read more about "How to make money with your snippets"). For a short amount of time after you submitted a snippet it is only visible for team members. They will check your snippet as fast as possible and activate, dismiss or slightly edit it. Once it's activated everyone is able to see it.
The best and easiest way is to send an email to email@example.com.
Some features on this platform do not require you to be registered. These not registered users are called "Guests".
There are a few differences between registered users and guests:
|Delete/Edit snippet afterwards||done|
|Earn money with snippet||done|
|Embed snippet to other website||done||done|
|See snippets and profiles||done||done|
|Search for snippets||done||done|
|Like or dislike snippet||done|
"Your code, our range."
When you submit a snippet, you have the option to select a "network" in the last section called "Earn Money". With these networks you can earn money. Currently the following networks are avaible:
• ylliX Advertisment is made easy with ylliX. Create an account and monitorize within 3 minutes.
• Google AdSense Most recommended way to earn money. Advertise with Google AdSense. Note that you have to own a Google AdSense Account which requires users to own a website otherwise Google won't show any advertisments on your snippets.
• PayPal Donations Not really advertisment! Just create a donation-link and let the people support you with donations!
For all of these networks "the golden rule" applies: "The more people visit your snippet, the more money you will make".
All you need to do here is,
• Register or login at ylliX.com.
• Copy your publisher ID It can be found in the upper left corner, next to your name and the logout button (see image below):
• Paste it into the Publisher-ID-Box You'll find in the "Earn Money"-Section on the submission-page.
receiving donations with PayPal is super easy.
• Login into your PayPal-Account If you don't have one, create one.
• Visit paypal.me and click "Create your PayPal.me link". If you already have one it will tell you and it will show you a button saying "My PayPal.Me Page" if you click on it it will show you your PayPal.me link. If you don't already have a PayPal.me link, it will tell you to create one.
• Copy your PayPal.me-Link and paste it into the PayPal.me-Link-Box you'll find in the "Earn Money"-Section on the submission-page.
AdSense is the most recommend way to earn money. Advertise with Google AdSense. Note that you already have to own a website to have a Google AdSense Account. Otherwise Google won't show any advertisments on your snippets.
• Login into your AdSense-Account avaible here.
• Create a RESPONSIVE Banner like described here. You actually can choose other types of ad-formates. But the most recommend format is "Responsive".
• Copy the code of the banner and paste it into the AdSense-Box you'll find in the "Earn Money"-Section on the submission-page.
Open the submit page and enter a title for your snippet. Next enter the programming language(s) your snippet is written in. Next write a short summary so other users know what your snippet can do. If the snippet shall be private so nobody can see the snippet without having the link to it, just check the checkbox right next to the summary-textfield. After the summary, you have to enter a minimum of 3 tags that help other users find your snippet.
Continue by adding the code that imports all libraries required for your snippet to run. Next enter the actual snippet into the textarea.
At last write a little tutorial that demonstrates how your snippet can be used. Optionally you can add a ad banner to make money. (Read more about how to make money with your snippet above.)
Here you can see how a perfect snippet should look like.